Kindle Fire vs Android device

Hi you guys,

I'm wondering why we need a separate build process for 'yet another Android device' Kindle Fire. What's the difference with others Android devices?

If my app is built for Kindle Fire, will it work on other Android devices?

And if tomorrow, someone will release a new device, call "Kindle White", will you have a new build process for it?

Thanks,

If you want to submit to the Amazon market place you need to build for the Kindle. There reason is that there is no Android market place only amazon marketplace on the kindle.

First, the app don't need to be compatible with Kindle to be submit on Amazon Appstore. They test the app on Kindle Fire separately and will send you an email if it is not compatible with Kindle Fire. Amazon Appstore is not only for Kindle Fire.

And second, what's the difference between APK file on 'normal' Android devices and Kindle Fire?

example: regular android app can use camera, gps, and some other features not found on kindle so if you submit an app that uses camera, gps or any other feature not found on kindle, most likely will be rejected since those features are N/A

c.

That should be in code, not in build process. Build process should be the same.

I knew the part about the marketplace not being only for kindle, I was only saying that you need to select build for kindle for submission on amazon marketplace.

Thanks Carlos for the info :)

views:1567 update:2012/2/7 8:40:54
corona forums © 2003-2011