new install - Corona won't start up - Help

I have a MacBook with Intel Core Duo 2 Duo, OX X 10.6, and 2G of RAM. I just downloaded the trial version. When I try to start up the simulator, I get an error message that says:
" Corona Simulator Quit Unexpectedly"
It never opens up. What is going on? I cannot even start up the simulator. I tried re-downloading and re-installing and still same. If I can't get past this, I'm not going to be able to use Corona. This is my only machine, I can't try it on another. Help.

Here's what the log says:

Symbol not found: _glGenFramebuffers
Referenced from: /Applications/CoronaSDK/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Corona Simulator
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL

Seems to be some OpenGL problem. What can I do?

I have no sure idea how to help, but by my view, you should update your OS and see if it will work.

Also update your Xcode. (BUT not any Beta version please)

Best of luck,
Rodrigo.

What version did you download ?

Thank you Rodrigo, that worked. I updated the OS to the latest 10.6.8, and that fixed it. Now Corona Simulator starts up just fine.
thanks again.

Danny, I downloaded Build 2011.704. Once I updated to Mac OS 10.6.8, then it worked fine. Previously, I had Mac OS 10.6 and it wasn't working. thanks for your quick reply.

You welcome @dominguez.

Glad I was able to help. .)

Cheers,

Im having a strange problem as well. i just installed the CoronaSDK 2011-704 trial and it installed corectly but when i go to run it a black cmd box pops up then it says windows simulator build date Dec 9 2011 and its the corona simulator output? then it crashes any ideas

@insane,

Yes, sounds like that "black window" you mention is the Terminal Window.

Check your OS version and if on Windows check also your Java Version as well as it have to be the Java6 instead of jdk7 (even on windows 7 64bit machine).

Just tips.

Rodrigo.

views:1930 update:2012/2/10 9:26:24
corona forums © 2003-2011