Flash Developers

I come from developing web apps and games using Flash, Flex, and AS3 (and a little haXe) and found Corona while looking for a solution for mobile development. It's been great so far, so I've been diving in to get to know it better.

Along the way I've written some tools and scripts get my MovieClips and stuff into my Corona apps. Just wondering, who else is coming from Flash, and what would you like to see in terms of tooling to make the most of Flash for Corona?

The name of this function I put in Code Exchange is a giveaway:
http://developer.anscamobile.com/code/flashs-hittestobject-emulated-using-contentbounds

i think the founders worked on flash-lite, flash-authoring, as well as some of the staff from ansca are from adobe, cs, flash, and other products. (photoshop/illustrator and more)

I've been coding and authoring in Flash (among other programs) since Flash 4 - in my day job (you know, the one that pays the mortgage) I am still currently a Flash multimedia developer - but Corona kicks the pants off Flash for mobile game dev and is far more fun to play with!

views:1758 update:2011/9/20 17:36:54
corona forums © 2003-2011