Android tablet

It's nothing fancy but if someone wanting to get a cheap tablet qvc.com has one for 130.00

That looks like the same tablet that I just read about in a review (which I can't find right now). The words "buyer beware" couldn't be large enough according to the review. They never did get the wifi working and it had lots of speed problems -- touching things multiple times because they thought they hadn't hit it when it was just the lag time. Also, it uses a stylus, not your finger.

On the plus side, it's using Android 1.6 which Corona supports. :)

While it looks like a good "test unit" or something, I'll wait until someone else with $130 to spare tries it and reports back. :)

Jay

Maybe it will be like this thing; http://uptojump.com/ashens/wordpress/2010/11/haipad-to-hell.html

Ashens = excellent.

Apparently the same model is $60 in Chinese stores.

I did say nothing fancy but yeah I was thinking of a low end test device that way if your app works on this it would be likely to work on other devices

Sorry, I was just teasing :P

If I had the cash and shipping wouldn't cost a bomb to Australia I'd get one to test on ^-^;

@peach
Didn't think you were
Maybe someone can smuggle you one in

I'm sorry, sometimes things aren't conveyed so well through type - I was just being a bit silly and mostly using it as an excuse to post a link to Ashens.

As to smuggling one in, I actually know someone visiting next year from the US - that might actually be something worth considering in all seriousness if I had the money ^-^;

My vote is to get a Galaxy Tab is you are in the market for an Android tablet.

Sturdy, fast, and reliable.

For e-book, NookColor. Them NookColor units are incredible.

Carlos

Agree galaxy tab is best choice

Wish people brought more of the apps and the development tools did not cost as much, then these devices would all be affordable... till then

DROOL!!

Carlos, any chances of extending Corona to Windows Phone 7 in the next release?

cheers,

Jayant C Varma

@jayant : no WP7 support on next few releases...... did you read my blog on wp7?

http://blog.anscamobile.com/2010/10/ansca-mobile-and-microsoft-windows-phone-7/

c

views:1831 update:2011/9/21 13:23:32
corona forums © 2003-2011