Please don't do this to us Ansca

I was monitoring coverage in my RSS reader about the upcoming Apple event in San Francisco (I want an iTouch 4!) and I found this product that allows you to build iPhone apps (not games), just apps, but it looks like you can only do a TINY fraction of what the Corona SDK allows you to do. The website also looks a lot like Ansca's.

Out of curiousity, I took a look at their pricing, and this is what I discovered:

http://taplynx.com/pricing/

They charge a $599 license fee PER app!!

Even with the Corona SDK going up to $249/year, it's still a MUCH better value than that. In fact, if Corona cost $599 it would be a much better value than that!

@Ansca: Although Corona is definitely worth it, PLEASE don't ever price Corona to be in that outrageous range. I know the "final" price of Game Edition hasn't been revealed yet, but I know it'll obviously be higher than the Standard SDK price ($249) and really hoping that Game Edition won't cost anywhere near $599 either once it goes through beta and into final (especially since I am a GE user, not standard SDK user).

Just thought I'd share that with everyone. We're getting an amazing amount value with Corona, even when the price DOES increase to $249. So thanks again Ansca for such an amazing product, and also for your generosity thus far with pricing.

Thank you for the feedback and I can tell you, that we are working really hard on giving you our valued customers the best product out there including the best feature set possible at and affordable and quantifiable price.

I don't think we will be resorting to the type of price structure as provided in the link.

Carlos

@Carlos: Thanks for the reassurance. With the final pricing for the SDK already set ($250), I knew you weren't going to adopt the same pricing structure as TapLynx, or even close. Mostly, I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention at how great of a deal Corona SDK is... especially considering WHAT you can do with it (I've noticed some discussions about pricing, and how some even think that Corona's price is TOO HIGH, which is definitely not the case IMHO)

views:1636 update:2011/9/21 18:18:19
corona forums © 2003-2011