Blast Monkeys Free for iOS & Android

Hey everyone - first time posting here - I recently picked up corona and this is my first game with it.
It's a fun little physics puzzle/action type game with 25 levels. We're working on more and we're probably going to have the bulk of them in a separate 99 cent app, But this game is free so check it out.

itunes link: Blast Monkeys

Also, @Ansca Devs: I want to release on android, but I get some pretty bad graphics glitches like some display objects showing the wrong texture and others showing garbage. Has anyone else seen this? It also happens with Bubble Ball on my phone. (both apps use the director module) I use an HTC Desire.

-Angelo

I Just put up a gameplay video for the game:
Blast Monkeys Gameplay Video

-Angelo

Wow the video looks awesome, can't wait to download it!

Thanks! Your reply made my day, I hope you like the game!

It does look really really good, will have to give this a download later!

Good luck with the sales :)

// Ed

Thanks! Your game looks awesome, and so does your website!

Your post inspires me to put some screenshots up here:

(...I didn't realize I could use the img tag!)

-Angelo

downloading now, this looks cool.

ADDITION: I suppose it's a little tacky to describe your own game as awesome in the thread title, but seriously this game is awesome.

Downloaded yesterday and couldn't stop play, very fun! 73/75 bananas...so close! Seriously though this game is really great and I can't wait for more levels...I have left you a review on itunes also.

Thanks guys! That is really great to hear! We're really glad you like the game.
We are making more levels as I type this, so look for an update soon!

-Tobiah

Ok - Monkey See Monkey doooooooooo

+1

V engaging .

C.

Great job! Nice graphics and nice looking game mechanics. Good luck with it!

Just noticed this game was listed on "The Game Trail" - best free games of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufSqo-pi6f4&feature=related

@Carlos Thanks for the tweet! :)

@synthesis Thanks!

@tbaker0000 Yeah I noticed that too - I saw Blast Monkeys as the thumbnail to a related video and was very confused... but I was happy to see it there! Turns out Tobiah had submitted our video to their site, and they included us in their daily video - nice!

@jhocking Yeah I was really tired - so it seemed funny at the time to write (free, awesome) but I see what you mean. Thanks for checking it out anyway :)

And, We've been featured in New and Noteworthy in puzzle and kids for both the US and UK app stores! A lot of clicks have been coming though here - so thanks for the support everyone!

-Angelo

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know we submitted the update to the store. Info and screenshots here.

And we have an android version on the market now! Check it out here.

If any of you have android phones I would greatly appreciate a download and a report on how the game runs on your device, since I only have my HTC Desire to test on.

I've also tagged the game as 'beta' since we're experiencing some issues with the game, like a long loading time on the first startup, and some audio playback issues. (we ended up taking out the background music for both of those reasons) So please let me know of any other bugs I need to track down :)

Thanks,
-Angelo

Hi Angelo,

I just want to say that you did really good with Blast Monkeys, we (me and my daughter) enjoy playing it. However, I just did the update and now the game crash right after the loading screen. It was working perfect before the update. I thought I'd let you know so you can look into it.

My device: iphone 3G
ios: 3.13

Anyways, good luck with it and looking forward to your future releases :)

Sid

Hey Sid.

Yes, sadly we are aware of the issue. It turns there was a bug in the update with the way we integrated OpenFeint that unfortunately causes people who updated their game to crash.

A fix has already been submitted to the App Store.

In the mean time, you can fix your game by deleting the app from you device and redownloading it from the app store. This will however make you loose your saved progress =/

Sorry about that. It is really great to hear you and your daughter enjoy the game though! We hope you like the new features in the update once you're able to play it. We'll post here when apple approves the fix.

-Tobiah

Hi Tobiah,

Ok sounds great, I'll just leave the app on her iphone alone and won't update until it's ready. It's hard to explain to a 4 year old why the game isn't working all of a sudden lol. I'll wait and will do the update on my phone when it's ready.

Sid

Hi Angelo,

I just tried the game on my HTC Desire (will have someone test it on an older G1 if you'd like). It runs smoothly (except for some physics slowdowns that happened a few times).
Pretty fun, I finished all the levels, now I need to get more bananas to unlock the special levels ;).

Had one question for you, how did you manage to have it installing directly on the SDCard ?

Best,
Phil
Moving Player

Awesome yeah, a G1 would be great since I just built the app for 2.2 so I could have the move to SD feature. And it happened to fix performance issues on the Droid X.

I wonder what other phones have been fixed, in particular the milestone...

To get the app to install directly to SD, set installLocation to "preferExternal" in build.settings like this:

android =
        {
                versionCode = "1002",
                installLocation="preferExternal"
        },

The fix has been approved by apple!

So like Sid if your game was affected by the crash-on-update bug, you can download the newest update from the App Store and your game should work again!

We're sorry for the inconvenience the last update caused. Please tell us if you have any more issues or questions.

I can't wait to hear what you guys think of the new features in this version. In the mean time we've been working on a full paid version of the game which will come out soon.

Enjoy!
-Tobiah

sounds great Tobiah, downloading now. Also let us know when the paid version is out, I will support for sure :)

Sid

Okay! Blast Monkeys Free, and Blast Monkeys are almost done!
We have new art, new levels and new level elements!

At this point what we need is play testing. So much. The full game has 90 levels, plus weekly levels in the news feed. We're based in the south bay, and we're looking for people to meetup with and have them play the game, get their reactions etc. If you're local and have time this week, please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail or reply to this thread ~ I need all the feedback I can get.

And even if you're not available, or not local, I'm always happy to get feedback on the game - you'll just have to wait till it's out :)

-Angelo

Fantastic game you've got there - just caused me to stop working on my game for half an hour or so though! :-)

That's how we fend off the competition :)
The new game takes around 2hrs to play through all at once, all part of the plan.

If you want payback I'll test your game for you when you're ready ~ just Ask me on twitter @AngeloYazar

Been getting a lot of good feedback on the game today - it looks like I'm going to redo the menu again. And level 11 (that elevator level) is going to be moved, and level 13 and 24 were fixed up and switched position.

-Angelo

I just posted an update on our blog about the new update: http://www.yobonja.com/journal/2011/4/2/blast-monkeys-update-2.html

I'll post again here when the game/update is available.

-Angelo

Okay! Blast Monkeys is now available!

Read about it here!

Get the full version here! (90 levels, no ads!)

Get the free version here!

Thanks for the support everyone, Have a Blast! :)

-Angelo

Congrats !

w00t

c

Do you want the new paid version of Blast Monkeys for FREE?

The first 5 people to reply to this post with their email address will get a promo code for the new paid version.

We love to hear what you think about the game!

-Tobiah

LeivaGames@gmail.com

I played the free version since it came out Great game. I`m still
getting used to new designs lol I personally like it before the
update :( but still is a great game and well worth the money.
Great Job keep up the good work !

~Best of luck from LeivaGames

Just tried the free version which is great, surprisingly original and varied, very entertaining :)

robforest2
gmail

Love the game! How long did the build take?

Angelo,

I'm one of 4,000,000! Congrats! those are staggering numbers!

I'm interested to know if you could direct me to somewhere on how to make the bubbles float and then pop them. I'd like to use that feature in my upcoming interactive book. Any help from you or other forum members would be welcome.

Nick Nebelsky
www.intensemedia.com

views:2468 update:2011/9/21 18:18:19
corona forums © 2003-2011