The Lost City - New adventure game from Fire Maple Games!

Hey everybody!

I wanted to show everyone a preview of the new adventure game I am working on!

It's called The Lost City, and takes place in an ancient, abandoned city located deep in the forest.

Here's a quick blurb to whet your appetite:

Dad was right.

Nobody believed him. Not even you, his only child.

But he was right. And more so than you could ever imagine.

The city before you, deep in the mist shrouded forest, can't be found on any map. It shouldn't even exist. Though it's been dead for centuries, you feel a mysterious power begin to awaken from the ruins around you.

Legend has it the civilization that build this place could somehow control the seasons. But nobody listens to legends.

Nobody except Dad.

And he was right.

You look again at the artifact he left you. Close to this lost city, it almost seems alive in your hand.

The city does exist. It's real.

Could the secret magic, powerful enough to change the seasons, be real too?

Features:

• The Lost City will be about 5x larger than my previous adventure game, The Secret of Grisly Manor.
• A journal that keeps track of all the symbols and clues that you encounter.
• A dynamic map that shows all of the areas you have explored, as well as your current location.
• A complete hint guide and walkthrough will be available as an in-app purchase.
• The Lost City will be translated into several languages.
• Available for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad!

And here are a few screenshots:

Thanks for looking!

Joe
Fire Maple Games
www.firemaplegames.com

Yowza, that looks way cool! Any estimate on completion date?

Jay

I wish I had half your design & storyboarding skills... Looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in action

Amazing graphics and story, firemaplegames! Good luck with it, I look forward to it being released!

Thanks for the kind words!!!

I am hoping to release the game in March.

wow !

carlos

I really look forward to this. One of my friends I share apartment with introduced me to Grisly Manor and we had a competition of who could finish it first(I won...), and we probably will have the same thing with this. Really cool.

@ringoringoringo: That is so awesome! I'll do my best to slow you down!

Hey everybody!

Here is another screenshot for you!

Thanks for all of the support!

Joe

Joe it's hard to imagine a game looking much better than Grisly Manor, but you've only gone and smashed it with this!

Hats off to you mate, true talent here!

// Ed

Thanks, reddot!

Hey everybody!

Here are a few more screenshots of the game for you to check out. I have clearly missed the March release date, but the game is progressing beautifully!

I will release even more info/screenshots soon!

Joe

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to show off some more screenshots as the release date for The Lost City looms closer!

I realize that my initial release dates were a tad optimistic, but it shouldn't be too much longer. I am having a blast working on the game and cannot wait to show it off!

Joe

Hey Joe! You may not remember, but you sent me a pretty encouraging e-mail several weeks ago. Since then I've released my first little app. Butterfly Counting. I've been steadily designing an adventure game while working up to the coding. Small apps on the front burner, big adventure going in the background. We've got Grisly manor on the touch as well as the NOOK so we'll look forward to the new game as well.

Best of luck,
Camille

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and "guarantee" that this game will be a hit :)

You should tweet stuff like this a bit more often too. You have a lot of followers that would be willing to retweet you.

Thanks Camille and aaaron!

And thanks for the reminder aaron, just tweeted it!

And retweeted :)

This looks pretty amazing ,look forward to the release

@gamedivisionuk: Thanks!

The Secret of Grisly Manor just got a great review over at www.jayisgames.com!

Check it out here:
http://jayisgames.com/archives/2011/08/the_secret_of_grisly_manor.php#comment-panels

Grisly Manor also just surpassed 100,000 downloads on iOS devices!

It's been a good day! ;)

Congrats Joe, your success is inspirational :)

views:2686 update:2011/9/22 9:57:39
corona forums © 2003-2011