New space-themed game: - Galaxy Hop - on the App Store. PROMO CODES!

Hi All,

After spending a few months looking at various frameworks for games, I started looking at Corona in December and found it refreshingly easy to use. Studying "Ghosts vs Monsters" from Jonathan Beebe was a great help to see how to structure the game software, so thank you Jonathan!

I've spent the last 2-3 months learning Corona and developing a game and it has just been approved for sale! The links to the game on the App Store and to the website are:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/galaxy-hop/id428714868?mt=8
http://www.zendec.com

Here are some promo codes. If you take one, please let everyone know on the forum which one you've taken. Also, please leave me with some (hopefully) positive comments on iTunes!

7HT6NAYL7NW6
FEYL7NHFRNXR
LNXYM3LTP7A3
WHWXTP37P4EE
YATKY9JW3MEA

Description of game:
Help Glubbo on his journey through the galaxy to get to planet earth. Time your jumps to perfection to hop between planets, and fly through space according to the laws of Newtonian physics!

Collect all of the stars while avoiding landing on any black holes. Keep away from those evil red monsters, or even better, lure them into the black holes where they will end their days with a satisfying sizzle.

FEATURES:
- Simple controls - Only one button, but make sure you press it at the right time!
- 36 challenging, hand-crafted levels.
- Stunning pictures of stars and galaxies.
- Highly dangerous black holes, perfect for monsters to fall into!
- Mini-map radar display to help you navigate around the galaxy.
- Collect all the golden stars with the fewest jumps possible.

Just used 7HT6NAYL7NW6.
Looks nice... my kids will love it. I will provide pos feedback.
Tim
inter-alia

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the feedback. I hope your kids liked it!

Eric

@ ec2

Congratulations on your game i took promo code: WHWXTP37P4EE

I will give you a 5 star Rating and good review from LeivaGames
keep up the good work.

~ Best of Luck from LeivaGames

@kurosaki88

I hope you're enjoying the game! TIA for the review comments!

Eric

This game looks like it'll be fun, I snagged LNXYM3LTP7A3

ADDITION: Great concept, I love the gameplay. There's a bug with launching the app however; it looks like you messed up the multitask setting because every other time the app crashes.

@jhocking, I'm glad that you like the concept and gameplay, but am very worried now about the crashes. Could you please let me know details of the device you're using? I tested it on iPhone 3GS & 4, and on iPad.

I don't know if the forums here allow for PMs but if not, maybe you could contact me on http://www.zendec.com and we can communicate using email? I'd really like to get this resolved.

In ase anyone else is curious, we're only seeing this crash when we restart right away. Wait a few seconds before restarting and it's fine (which is what users normally do) so only a minor irritant.

I should have included some screenshots in the original post. Well better late than never...

galaxy hop screenshot

galaxy hop screenshot

galaxy hop screenshot

views:1705 update:2011/9/23 13:36:35
corona forums © 2003-2011