Clax HD for the iPad

Clax HD was just accepted to the iPad appstore.

Here's a link to the app in the appstore:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=370824947&mt=8

Here are some promo codes in case anybody wants to try it out:
46M4TEPYPA39
HEENRR6NHHXY
X9KP4MKHXA6R
PAYJWF9TAMNJ
M6HNYLNAFY99
PHY476ALTKRH
EAEJFE6T7PJ4
TLLYWFFFJ93P
KAKHJ6TWXNKN
NYFWXWPHE37J

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the coupon codes and for letting us know about the app. Looks great. I just installed it on iPad and I will demo it today at a meeting.

I just twitter and facebooked it.

twitter.com/ansca

facebook.com/ansca

Everyone re-tweet and "like" on facebook.

Carlos

As the codes do not work in the german store I had to buy it :) ... nicely done I like it!

I may write some critique in the store later and send links in some of my social networks too.

Did you try to animate the balls "vanishing"?

What about having a "soundtrack" with the game... would polish it. If you want to you can take one of my songs. Send me an email hara at oderwat.de if you are interested.

I would also like to be able to "swipe" for orientation changes... you you do not have to turn the ipad but just swipe into the direction of the new gravity bottom. Actually I think the iPad is to bulky to rotate it a lot.

Same here about the codes, but I wish you success. I looks nice and once I have an IPad (hopefully christmas) I will get it too.

Damn, I got excited, used a code to download, and then realized it isn't compatible with the iPhone/Touch. My bad :( I'm an iPad short haha, but it looks really cool and I'd like to play if if you release it for Android or iPhone!

This game is available to the iPhone already!

Really? How do you get it? When I follow that link it says iPad only and it won't let me put it on my iPod Touch.

Hes has some more apps... check the link in the store for other apps of this developer... I guess the others are Corona Apps to? (Nick?)

I can't send a link as they all lead to the germany store (and because I am lazy)

Only 3 of my apps in the appstore are corona apps. They are Clax HD, Cell Jumper and Lights Out. The rest of them are written in Objective C with the Cocos 2d framework. The only exceptions are BCD Clock and Clax (the first one) that use only the apple sdk with Core Animation.

The easiest way to view them all is on my website: http://www.appsbynick.com

I do have a few other corona games that are finished, but due to various contracts I'm not able to submit them at the moment.

Awesome! This is good feedback.

Actually the balls simply disappear, then the other balls animate down. I tried a few different versions where the balls animated out, but since everything collapses down it got pretty confusing.

The main reason I didn't add any sort of a soundtrack was because the game was built around that loud clacking sound (the first one anyway) and I wanted to keep the same theme across the different versions. I do like the idea of adding some options for different sounds.

The swiping for orientation is an idea I hadn't even thought of, but I do like it a lot. Turning the ipad does get pretty old and it'd be cool to have a flat version to play.

I have some twitter and facebook stuff to readd in the next release, so maybe I'll try to get some of those other features in.

I'm glad you like the app! Thanks for the feedback. :)

Yeah I do need to put a bit of time in to make this app run on the iphone and android. Right now the first version of clax is available on the iphone/ipod touch, but it doesn't have many of the features that the ipad version has. For instance the balls are simple and more oblong, and it doesn't have the rotation and different ball styles. Plus the ipad version has a feature where you can hover over the groups that you want to remove.

I do have plans of replacing the current iphone version of Clax with the Clax HD codebase, I just need to get a bit of time to do it.

The "fade out" of the balls... I was thinking about creating a feeling like you have in comics when the person stands in the air for a jiffy and then falls... like the balls are fading out (maybe 1/3 second...) then they fall.. maybe supported by some good sounds.

Actually I do not like that clacking sound very much... And it is pretty repeative. I would try to change the pitch of that sound a bit up and down ... to create some variation. Or use some different similiar noises. I do not know if that works with the api (changing playbay frequency on the fly). Well I am audio addict and buy games just because of their soundtrack or audio presentation :-)

I also do not "understand" the scoring system... you may also add some depth to the game by adding random multiplier balls which will multiply the score if the belong to a popped group.

With the orientation changing it would be nice to have "barriers" in the playfield which can't be passed and you need to find your way arround..

Ah well.. I need to continue my own game.. Goes well so far.. just translated the basic gamefield logic to Lua successfully. Going to implement the first graphical representation of the playfield next.

views:1827 update:2011/9/25 3:38:56
corona forums © 2003-2011