Build for device problem

I can't add any corona apps to my devices thru xcode organizer, I've tried with both xcode 3.x and xcode 4 GM and it returns "The application does not have a valid signature."

All my dev certificates etc works fine on all my devices when building and installing a regular xcode project but when I build in Corona simulator I get that error.

I've tried Coronas sample games and apps too and a simple Hello World app, I've tried all my certificates and I even made a new just for Corona and it wont install on my devices.

I've tried on Iphone 4 (4.2.1), Iphone3g(4.2.1) and ipod touch 1st gen (3.1.3) and it simply wont install on any of the devices, I've read up on the documents and did exactly as it says and I even watched the Ansca video on youtube.

I'm using the lates stable build of Corona 2011.268 (2011.1.20)

What am I missing?

Fixed it, you can't have any spaces (my folder) between words in folder names, need to write them as one (myFolder, myfolder or my_folder etc) word.

I can't believe it but this was the problem with mine!

The application file that I built was in a directory with the path:

/Users/hungrytom/Desktop/Corona Experiments/build/Fishies.app

I changed it to:

/Users/hungrytom/Desktop/CoronaExperiments/build/Fishies.app

and it worked fine using my wildcard provisioning profile.

Happy Dayz

Thanks lano78

It took me some time to figure it out, I was really frustrated until I realized it was the space in the folders name. I can't find anything in the documentation about spaces in folder names either or maybe I overlooked it in my frustration??

Glad I could help.

This post just saved my brain, thanks so much :)

Hello,

I'd like to add my 2 cents. I had the same error except that there are no spaces anywhere in the build path. I could build all examples. I'd made a copy of the GPS to start my own app, instead of putting all the resources in the root I added a resources folder where I saved all the images. The app did run in de Corona simulator. But I could not install the build for iOS into my iPhone. I got the the same error over and over, very frustrating.

Then I started to look at any difference between the examples and my app. The only difference was the addition of a resources folder. But since the error indicated a code signing error this did not alarm me. After spending many many hours into resolving this issue I did start a new project without the resources folder. Guess what, the code signing error did not occur.

I use Corona Version: 2.0.0 Build: 2011.484

I personally experienced this problem, even after building on desktop (so no spaces in build path)... and it turned out the problem was that I had a subfolder in my project directory named 'resources'. I renamed it to 'appres' and the problem was fixed.

Ahh, that fixed it for me! I probably searched 6-7 threads on this same error and finally came across your post. Thanks!

views:1373 update:2011/9/26 15:43:22
corona forums © 2003-2011