Silly poll: How many Corona SDK Projects are you working on at the same time?

I've got two active games in development and I seem to be managing switching between the two and I've got 3 apps live, and 6 started on hold and 3 near completion that I probably won't finish. I'm also helping a couple of other people with their apps.

What about you? How many are you juggling?

Do you find it more practical to do one and finish it, or how well are you managing parallel development?

just one, it more that enough for me right now

I published one simple iPad/iPhone game and starting another one.

I prefer one at a time.

This is my first iOS game, and I can't imagine doing more than one at the time.

Maybe, down the road, if I have a team... then maybe it's possible to work on multiple projects at once. But if each projects are meant to be developed simultaneously for both iOS and Android markets, and if it has a definite deadline for completion, one might just be enough to deal with -- designing a good app/game, coding it, generating necessary media assets (sound/graphics) plus testing, testing, testing...

Nah, I can't imagine doing more than one at a time if there's a tight deadline or if I'm the only one working on it.

I have one released game which I am working on it's first update and also prepping it for an android release.

I have another game more or less complete but I am holding for further play testing.

My very first game I started in Corona, I have put on hold. It was to be a tablet only game but I have since thought of shifting the design to work with phones as well. Just have not moved back to it yet.

I have 2-3 other concept games with basic functionality already on devices. They may never see the light of day. I have 5 or so others that are in the design only stage. Mostly jotting down notes and ideas while I am at work :D

Most likely it's more practical to stick to one and see it through until it's complete before getting distracted by another idea. However I find it difficult when getting an idea to not do something with it while I am newly excited about it.

One at a time. Can't handle more than that right now since the development division is just me :p

Raúl Beltrán
MIU Games

Oh jeez, well some probably have seen my posts but there are currently 52 TOTAL fully prototyped projects.

Currently of those 52, I have 1 that is fully active, and then others that I add to when I figure something complex out, and adapt it for those games. If you add those in, it's around 17.

For example, I was looking at rotating by touch, and had to write some complex temp touch joint code, then store that crap in a table and manipulate the results. Then I was like "Hey, If I take this and apply it to that, I could use a portion of this to fix that OTHER problem I was having on game X". I KNOW I am not alone on that, you fix things in your main project, then freak out and get happy and apply it to another....or maybe it's just me ? :)

I haven't released anything to the app store yet, started coding in June coming from zero experience. I'm a one man band, literally. I have a full blown music recording studio with all the trimmings which I record music and do sound effects in and then I do all the art, and code the game...AND I have a family (8 week old son, first one).....phew. LOL I get tired thinking about it!

Ok long answer to short question, but there you go :)

52 total projects, 17 active, 1 that I am focused on.

Now I COMPLETELY disagree on working on other projects due to distraction. Ever hear of the 10,000 rule?

Here, WATCH THIS - after you hear this, you will realize you need to do a TON of work to get good at something. It's short, like 2 minutes. Go watch it.NOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbC4gqZGPSY&feature=related

@nicholasclayg, it sounds super crazy the way you're at it, but hey, if it works for you, keep going! I watched the video. Great advice.

The most important thing for me is not to give up, take the project to completion, and keep doing it over and over. At the very least, I'd be happy that I've done it, and I've something to show for the effort.

Naomi

I'm only working on one... although in Blitz3D I have been working on like 4 before :P

I have three but all put on hold till graffiti is complete

I have 2 to 3, I find that when I get really badly stuck on one I can go to the next, learn somethings and then when I get stuck again switch back. I don't lose as much development time that way.

I like to stick to one or two but I find I constantly have several in various stages of completion scattered around the place :)

I have 20 projects.

But I am learning so they were all just learning tries to be honest.

one game('s gameplay) is mostly complete.

views:1647 update:2011/10/22 9:46:13
corona forums © 2003-2011