App Crashes, Runs Perfect in Simulator

Hey there,

When i run my application in the simulator, it runs perfectly without a hitch. However, when ran on my device (Moto Droid 1), it crashes after the splashscreen. It loads the background but then crashes while loading the other graphical parts. So far its just a menu system and I can't figure out whats wrong. I don't believe there's a problem with the code as it runs well on the simulator. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Are you trying to grab the phone device id in your code? If you don't have the right permissions, the app will crash. You can modify your build.settings to make sure you have the right permissions.

The other issue to check is...make sure all the images/sounds are in the main directory. If they are in subdirectories, it will crash an Android.

Enjoy :)

I'll check my permissions. Thanks. :)

Check your assetts, audio must be like somt_mp3.mp3 and also check you files, devices are more case-sensitive than simulator...

When you say check your files.. do you mean make sure the file names match in the code as well as the directory? I'm quite sure they all match otherwise I would get a error message in the simulator right?

I found the error.. in my code i had written "menuBase.png" when it should've been menubase.png. Thanks for all the help guys. :)

Glad it works! :)

views:1557 update:2011/10/8 15:12:54
corona forums © 2003-2011