I'm new to Corona, so this is more of noob problem.

Hi,

I'm using a trial version and I built Simple Pool game and then tried to install resulting apk into official Android SDK emulator to see whether it works and it's not working it reports that the apk is invalid.

I'm a freelance developer and it's possible that a client will hire me to make a game for small children and was looking to speed up the development.

So, my question is, will I be able to make a valid apk with your simulator and then give that as a finished game to my client? Will he be able to run the game?

Regards

The answer is Yes, assuming your client has a 2.2 or higher version of Android and an Arm 7 or higher processor...

Thanks for the quick reply, but are you absolutely sure, because I can't get Simple Pool apk built with Corona simulator to work on official Android SDK emulator which has 2.2 virtual device setup properly.

NO ! the simulator, emulator from the android sdk will not work

it does not support arm7 builds

c.

But the clients device should work?...

Yes the device should work.

C

So, an ARMv6 device can run ARMv7 builds?

No,
Corona dont work with devices with armv6 (many devices).
It work only in new devices...

I'm with the same questions and problems...

Yeah, I got the answer from Corona staff Tom. He explained me that because of the float point support missing in ARMv6 a lot of performance complaints were submitted. I understand, but the clients always want to cover as much of the market as possible. Maybe in a year or two when the majority has ARMv7 devices, Corona will become an option for me and maybe Corona will also become a comprehensive 3D library as well.

This should also help you figure out why we moved to a armv7 device. Performance issues aside, the other complaint was users leaving one star rating for apps due to poor performance on 2.1 below devices and no traction on apps. Even unity3D doesn't support anything below 2.2 and arvm7.

http://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html?d=1008

c.

Yes, I know 25% according to official stats. Seem like not too much. I know Unity is not supporting, how can it support, 3d working with float point emulation or something like that, no-one would play those games. Unity is extremely expensive for me and was never an option.

views:1776 update:2011/10/10 9:00:20
corona forums © 2003-2011