[Resolved] Won't install on some Android 2.2 devices

After submitting my app to the Android Market, I'm getting user reports that the game won't install on some Android 2.2 devices with armv7 processors. The install statistics by platform for Android 2.2 are two times lower than the average.

The most information I have is for an Android 2.2.1 device (as reported in system info of the device, according to the user), with the Epic 4G device, which should have the armv7 processor according to http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/06/08/android-devices-armv7-processor.

Unfortunately, we can't get our hands on the devices we've gotten reports about. According to the stats, a fix for this would give us around 37% more users, which would make buying clicks more affordable for us in marketing.

I'd like to ask for support on the matter; since I can't get my hands on an appropriate device, I can't test this issue with simpler apps. The android simulator is no use for this purpose. Since our game was already app of the month, I think I can freely post the link to it here and ask that he bug be confirmed and if possible addressed.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.progrestar.shovelhero&feature=search_result

ah ! this is a known issue and Amazon is looking at it. but get version 602 and should be fixed.

.c

EDIT: I got an erroneous fix confirmation, the bug is still present. :(

Unfortunately, I'm getting the same reports still - after rebuilding with build 604 (currently submitted an apk built with 602 exactly). The app won't install on armv7 android 2.2.1 devices, with seemingly the same distribution of invalid devices. I'm trying to get my hands on a device where I can reproduce this.

In the mean time, The bug can still be confirmed by downloading the app from the app store (to an Epic 4G, for example). Directly installing the apk to a device does not reproduce the issue.

P.S. Using Java 1.6 for signing (I'm informed this is relevant)

I've gotten my hands on a device where I could reproduce the error, which helped me identify it, and fix it. Apparently, 2.2.1 devices don't understand non-latin characters, and a file with non-latin characters had gotten it's way into my resources.

views:1467 update:2011/10/11 22:13:38
corona forums © 2003-2011