Word Soup: World Game Solver Tools, Featured in 182 places

Does it actually mean anything if a system like Appannie says your app is featured in 182 places including 1 New and NoteWorthy?

An example from my home store is go to Ipad then entertainment and we are the third app listed in a group of only 20 possible apps. Right at the top of the itunes screen. Yesterday we were the sixth and the day before we were 7th. So its actually getting higher.

I had a discussion with someone yesterday about this being featured in 182 places throughout the worlds stores and suddenly began to wonder if it actually means anything nowadays. A year ago it was almost the holy grail for apps according to my searches around the net.

So my question is this. Does it actually mean anything when some system says you are featured in those places at all now? Even if you are showing at the top of the screen with a full screen shot of your app.

Seriously, I am confused.

I cant see if there is a way to post screen shots here so am trying to figure out where to post them.

Mike R

Posted todays screen shot here from the UK store.

http://www.sharksoupstudios.com/news/moving-on-up

Cheers

Mike

Awesome screenshot!

As to your initial question;

Does it mean something? Yes, however you are right in thinking it means less than it used to. However you did move UP which is very cool.

There's two kinds of New and Noteworthy; there's a general one which is the best then the sub-ones, of which you are in "Entertainment".

This is still awesome, not as big as the overall one but still a great achievement.

Despite it not being as big of a deal as it was a year or so ago, it's still a big deal and you should be very proud.

Does that clear it up a bit?

Peach :)

Cheers for that. Hopefully we can build on it as well as the game this is actually a part of.

Mike

+1

c

views:1461 update:2011/10/15 14:27:43
corona forums © 2003-2011