Read terminal output

Hi,

So I'm trying to get the output of a corona sdk run, but I can't seem to get it right.

If I run the /Applications/CoronaSDK/simulator and pipe the output to something, all I get is the corona copyright message and the text from the "print()" statements in the project doesn't show up until I quit the simulator.

If I run the simulator with the -project flag I only get the copyright notice no matter what.

If I just try to read the output of the run (not piping it to anything) I only get the copyright notice as well (and errors) but not the print()'s

How should I go about this problem?

Hey,

instead open the Corona Simulator, try oppening the Corona TERMINAL as it will automatically call the Simulator and the both will work together as well as you can open the Debugger and it will call the Simulator.

Hope that helps,
Rodrigo.

Thanks, but I'm trying to capture the console output in my own application, but it gets lost somewhere in the void.

Manually opening the corona simulator (not the .app, the one in the .app that the corona terminal opens) or opening the corona terminal works fine. It's when I try to intercept the output it goes wrong.

Sorry,

I did not understand you well so.

Anyway maybe someone reading this will let you a help!

Luck!
Rodrigo.

views:1462 update:2011/10/16 9:47:44
corona forums © 2003-2011