Concurrent audio and video play

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a way in Corona to play audio and video files at the same time.
I'm working on app that contain 25 video files, and all is ok when video are played, all the videos are loaded in the app because the app does not use the net. The problem is that each set of 25 video files must have 9 different languages. This means that the number of videos for 9 languages grows to 225 with a lot of Gbytes contained in the app......and this is not good!
So the solution can be to have only 1 set of 25 video files without audio and 225 audio files with the voice over speaker in different language to be played at the same time of video.
I believe this can be possible in a native iOs app using the AVFoundation framework, but I have no idea how this can be done in Corona.
Any suggestions/help are appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Ale

Look for the advanced AudioSession APIs for iOS that we released a few months ago. You'll need to set a audio category that allows mixing audio, e.g. ambient. Use the audio APIs in conjunction with the video player to achieve simultaneous playback. Performance will vary depending on hardware. And be aware that when mixing audio, you don't get access to the audio hardware decoder so depending on your target hardware, you may want to use audio formats like IMA4 or linear PCM.

For a better understanding of iOS audio, watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QQAzhwalPI

views:1577 update:2011/10/17 21:25:02
corona forums © 2003-2011