The application does not have a valid signature

Hi,
Does anyone have the same problem when building app for iPad?
For last several weeks, I could successfully test my app on iPad.
Now it kept showing "The application does not have a valid signature."
I have worked on CORONA SDK for several months so I am sure that I use the correct provisioning.
Moreover, I have no problem on testing the same app on iPhone.
I cannot even test the sample code from Corona on my iPad.
Is there anyone has the same problem now?

What version of the SDK are you using? where do you see that message?

Beta 8.0, but I don't have this problem two weeks ago.
It happened when I uploaded my app to iPad through xcode organizer.
I also tried to create a new provioning but noting changed.

If you have an expired (or outdated) profile on your device, you need to delete it even if you uploaded a new profile.

-Tom

I have already deleted all profiles and upload a new one but nothing changed.

Moreover, I just builded app by CORONA SDK GAME EDITION with the same profile and uploaded it to the same device.
It worked!

Something wrong with CoronaSDK?

I too am having this problem :( The best I can figure is that I am using iOS 4.1 and the drop down menu in Corona says iOS 4.0. Do you guys need to fix it to work with the newest SDK version?

Profiles are not expired. I have also tried recreating them.

I'm not using any beta versions of the iOS SDK or Xcode

Xcode v3.2.4
iOS 4.1 (iPad 3.2.2)

Similar problem in a different thread

http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2010/04/29/application-does-not-have-valid-signature

Verify your xcode version with xcode-select (from Terminal)

You guys solved this for me in another thread (bug #2700). The problem for me was that I had spaces in my build path in Corona's target folder.

Spaces in the build path name was a bug that we thought was fixed but it looks like it's back. I have it flagged to check before our next release. In the mean time use underlines instead of spaces in your folder names.

This is a strange bug because the build app works on the Xcode simulator but can't install on a device.

Sorry for the problems.

-Tom

I am trying to build an app to submit to the app store and I am having this same issue. I'm using CoronaSDK 2.0.

The error I am getting is:
The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate

I tried the suggestion above to set the "Save to Folder" path in the Build for iPhone dialog to a path without spaces. That worked fine.

Is there an open bug report or should I open a new one?

I'm having the issue DKNELL mentioned when submitting to the apps store using corona Game Edition 2.0. There are no spaces in my target save to folder. Submitted tons of apps in the past all built to the same folder so not sure what it could be. provision file is brand newly created and installed today.

Can one of you guys that's having this issue send in the terminal log from a build that fails like this? support@anscamobile.com

I'm also getting this message while trying to upload my App to my iPad: "The application does not have a valid signature"; I repeatd many times the certificate generation procedure (I also use Apple's SDK without problems) but always the same result.

There is a strange thing though: the terminal window shows this

Last login: Fri Oct 29 19:54:35 on ttys000
MacPro:~ fulvio$ /Applications/Corona\ Game\ Edition\ 2010.109/Corona\ Terminal ; exit;
Copying /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/.DS_Store to /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/buildFolder/myHelloWorld.app/.DS_Store
/Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/buildFolder/myHelloWorld.app/.DS_Store
Copying /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/beep.caf to /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/buildFolder/myHelloWorld.app/beep.caf
/Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/beep.caf -> /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/buildFolder/myHelloWorld.app/beep.caf
Compressing/copying PNG /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/button.png to /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/buildFolder/myHelloWorld.app/button.png
Compressing/copying PNG /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/Icon.png to /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/buildFolder/myHelloWorld.app/Icon.png
usage: mv [-f | -i | -n] [-v] source target
       mv [-f | -i | -n] [-v] source ... directory
/Volumes/TEra: cannot read resources

You have spaces in your path, that's the problem.

I've read previous posts... so the problem is spaces in the whole path and not just in the final directory ? The problem applies to source paths or just to the final destination path where the binary is saved ? (this can be quite annoying since I'd have to cnahge even my volume name...)

Some updates: I tried to compile to a volume that has no spaces in the chosen path; Corona terminal now says:

Copying /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/.DS_Store to /Volumes/USBDISKPRO/BINARY/myHelloWorld.app/.DS_Store
/Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/USBDISKPRO/BINARY/myHelloWorld.app/.DS_Store
Copying /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/beep.caf to /Volumes/USBDISKPRO/BINARY/myHelloWorld.app/beep.caf
/Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/beep.caf -> /Volumes/USBDISKPRO/BINARY/myHelloWorld.app/beep.caf
Compressing/copying PNG /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/button.png to /Volumes/USBDISKPRO/BINARY/myHelloWorld.app/button.png
Compressing/copying PNG /Volumes/TEra Toguna/LAVORI FROM CUBE/IRMA_weather_radio/CoronaStuff/HelloWorld/myHelloWorld/Icon.png to /Volumes/USBDISKPRO/BINARY/myHelloWorld.app/Icon.png
/Volumes/USBDISKPRO/BINARY/myHelloWorld.app: replacing invalid existing signature
/Volumes/USBDISKPRO/BINARY/myHelloWorld.app: signed bundle with Mach-O thin (armv7) [myHelloWorld]

Your certificate and the Private keys, one of them is different on the new machine.

cheers,

Jayant C Varma

make sure you go to the apple dev center, and download a new certificate. you have to get a new certificate unique to your machine in your keychain assistant, upload it to apple, then download and install on your machine. You'll have to create new provision files after you do this and build on those.

No Not necessarily, you can export the Private Key from the main machine and import it on the new one, install the developer certificate and that shall work.

The certificates are *NOT* tied to a machine, but to the Private Key identity stored in the KeyChain of the local machine.

cheers,

Jayant C Varma

@seanh,

I sent the Terminal log of an app build with spaces in the destination path.

Getting rid of a space in the build path cleared this issue up for me. An annoying little bug, but I shouldn't have spaces in my directory names anyways. Lesson learned!

Thought I'd post with a tip - I was having the same problem and solved it. If you:

- get an "invalid signature" error
- but you are sure your certificate is correct
- and you do not have any spaces in your paths

Then check that you don't have two certificates with the same name installed. It seems this confuses the build process (check the terminal - it will say "ambiguous certificate name").

Having two certs with the same name is probably pretty common if you've been messing around creating / downloading various different ones.

I deleted the old certificate with the same name, re-built the app and it submitted to the app store just fine.

I'm getting an invalid signature issue trying to upload any of my apps to my phone for testing.

No spaces in my directories.
I updated all my certificates and deleted the older ones.
I'm using today's daily build.

I get this message in log: classtest.app: replacing invalid existing signature

Can you try this with the release build 268 to see if it works?. Do you get the same error if you set the build directory to the desktop?

Does not work with 268, nor if I build it to the desktop.

Still says signer is not valid.

Sorry you're having the problem. Has the installation every worked for you or is this the first time you're trying to install on the iPhone? We had problems in the past but all have been resolved with the latest builds.

Please submit a support request so we can follow up.
http://developer.anscamobile.com/forms/support
Please submit a screen capture of your build screen with the support form.

Thanks,
Tom

Yeah it worked fine until my provisioning profile expired. I renewed it but it hasn't worked since it expired.

I'm not sure that this is a Corona problem. Did you delete the profile on the device itself (Settings)?

Have you tried testing the profile by building and installing a Xcode project (Objective-C) on your iPhone. Does that fail too?

This got fixed for me only by installing Xcode over. Before installing new certificate had to go to keychain and be sure to delete the older one first.

I installed the daily build from today Corona2011.309 and tried to install an app build on my device using iTunes and an adhoc provision profile for distribution. It's been working fine previously with the last stable version Corona2011.268, I'm getting the warning ' was not installed on device because the code signing is not valid'.
I did have a space in my folder name, and then removed it and tried to reinstall. My provision profile doesn't expire for another 4 months.

Any suggestions? Is it todays build? Should I delete previous builds before reinstalling new ones?

thanks ; )

Not able to test on iPhone or iPad
Corona build 268, Trial mode
Xcode 3.2.5

Using Xcode Organizer to install build on device, I get:
"The application does not have a valid signature."

Corona Terminal at the end of the build says:
"replacing invalid existing signature"
"The operation was cancelled by the user."

I am a complete newbie, but I spent several hours, double checking certificates and provisioning, and watching tutorials, and checking.

Building to Xcode simulator works. After some research, I thought maybe I needed to set CFBundleIdentifier, so I created "build.settings" and set it in the plist area.

DISCOVERY: In Corona "Build for iPhone", I didn't notice, until I created a second Ad Hoc Distribution Profile, that mine are grayed out.

iPhone Developer is available, and that was what I was building with. Both of my iPhone Distribution entries are grayed out and end with "[Not available in trial]".

I understand that Corona can build for a device for testing purposes in trial mode, so what is the solution?

Working after these changes.
I decided to see if I could get an Xcode project loaded on my iPhone (1st Gen, iOS 3.1.3).

A simple Hello World had an error. The Base SDK was missing.
Project > Edit Project Settings:
General tab:
Project Format: Xcode 3.1-compatible

Build tab:
Base SDK: iOS 4.2
Code Signing Identity, Any iOS was already on iPhone Developer
iOS Depluyment Target: iOS 3.1.3

It now built without errors.
NOTE: The project window still says in upper left corner, "Base SDK Missing", but it builds fine.

Build and Run said something about provisioning and that it would take care of it when I hit okay, so I did. This created a duplicate entry in Organizer for Provisioning, I have two "Team Provisioning Profile: *" now.

My iPhone woke up. I unlocked it an ran hello world.

NOW THE CORONA BUILD FOR DEVICE:
The terminal window said, "replacing invalid existing signature".
And then a pop-up, "codesign wants to sign using key..."
I clicked Allow.
The pop-up said the same thing again. I clicked Allow.
Terminal window: "signed bundle with Mach-0 universal (armv6 armv7) [HelloWorld]" (I was using Corona's HelloWorld)

Pop-up: "Your application is ready to install on your device."

I then dragged that build into Organizer > Applications. It worked!!! I could run it on my iPhone.

QUESTION: I used "iPhone Developer..." for my "Code Signing Identity" in Corona builder, the iPhone Distribution is grayed out and says "[Not available in trial]"

I thought the way to get a build from Corona to device was with an Ad Hoc Distribution identity.

Resolved my issue; sorry for the bother.

Thanks
Rob

This is my first web app development for any iOS device. Please pardon my ignorance and basic questions.

My environment is,

Xcode version: 4.2.1
Mac OS X: Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)
iPad: IOS 5.0.1

-----------------

On my iMac I installed Xcode 4.2.1 from the app store.

I downloaded a sample hello world app from Apple library website. I opened the hello world app in Xcode on the iMac.

It runs perfectly fine on the iOS simulator (Xcode) on the iMac.

I connected the iPad to my iMac. The moment I connect the Xcode recognizes my iPad device and I set Xcode run to execute on the iPad device. Now I clicked on "Run" I get "Build failed" and the logs says the following (but the build is successful when I run in the simulator)

CodeSign /Users/johndoe/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloWorld-dxztjuxsornpzsbseolkcsytxcfa/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloWorld.app
cd /Users/johndoe/Downloads/HelloWorld_iPhone
setenv CODESIGN_ALLOCATE /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/codesign_allocate
setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign "iPhone Developer: John Doe (6U988729CX)" --resource-rules=/Users/johndoe/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloWorld-dxztjuxsornpzsbseolkcsytxcfa/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloWorld.app/ResourceRules.plist --entitlements /Users/johndoe/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloWorld-dxztjuxsornpzsbseolkcsytxcfa/Build/Intermediates/HelloWorld.build/Debug-iphoneos/HelloWorld.build/HelloWorld.xcent /Users/johndoe/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloWorld-dxztjuxsornpzsbseolkcsytxcfa/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloWorld.app

/Users/johndoe/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloWorld-dxztjuxsornpzsbseolkcsytxcfa/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloWorld.app: replacing invalid existing signature
/Users/johndoe/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloWorld-dxztjuxsornpzsbseolkcsytxcfa/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloWorld.app: CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

I seem to be missing something very basic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

views:6260 update:2012/1/9 8:53:30
corona forums © 2003-2011