Corona SDK on Mac OS X 10.5.x

I see the latest build of the SDK requires OS X 10.6. I'm wondering if there's an archived version still compatible with OS X 10.5? I'm going to be delivering a two-day seminar and the computers in the lab are all OS X 10.5.8. I'm not worried about packaging/deploying since most of the students won't have devices to test on. I'd just like to teach them Lua and be able to test in the simulator. So anyone know where I can get an OS X 10.5 compatible build? Any suggestion? Thanks!

I will have someone answer you shortly.

c

I believe we have two previous releases that work with 10.5: Build 148 and Game Edition 109. Build 148 doesn't have the Physics library. Both versions are old -- September 2010 and we had a large number of bug fixes and new features since then. They also will time out after 30 days if left in trial mode (no subscription).

We should be able to dig up a link to the DMGs if they would work for your class.

-Tom

Hey Tom - If you could post the DMGs, that would be awesome! Most of the attendees will be fairly new developers so most of the course will consist of programming fundamentals. We'll build out some simple apps/games and get their feet wet with the platform. A few bugs or missing features shouldn't be a big deal. I'll also be sure to explain we're using an old SDK and to be sure to use the latest releases when they begin their own apps. Let me know if you get them posted. Feel free to email me off-list if that's better: dustin[a]dtauer.com. Thanks for your help!

Also, it would be awesome to get the OSX 10.5 compatible DMG sometime today. My Corona session starts on Wednesday it would be good to get it installed in the lab and plan my examples ahead of time. Let me know if you don't think you'll be able to get it posted by then. Thanks again!

I just sent you an email.

Is there any way I can get a trial version of this as well? I am interested in trying Corona for a project I am workin on, but I can only run OSX 10.5.8

Not anymore.

You will need the 10.6.8 or above.

.c

views:1545 update:2011/10/11 15:24:38
corona forums © 2003-2011