Pipclock featured on TA!

Hey guys! A corona app just got featured on toucharcade.com!! Though it's been in the showcase and featured on the blog here for a long time, pipclock just got spotted in the wilds of the app store. Pretty cool coverage! Hopefully it boosts the devs profits a bit!

Forgot to congratulate Ruben!

Wowow, thanks ;)
It jumped from 142th position on Utilities category to 63th in 1 hour!

Anyway, I'm very satisfied with PipClock... since I've released it I've had a lot of positive customer reviews (an average of 4.5 stars on 430 reviews), and basically I've always been in the Top200 of my category..

What I want to say is that, even if an App is not super featured on the Appstore and doesn't enter in the Overall Top 100, is still possible to get some nice revenue from that.
Maybe not crazycrazy money like Angry Birds, but definitely, with a few apps constantly doing 'not so bad' you can call it your full-time job.

What's really important is to love your app. PipClock is quite a simple app, but I've always tried to do my best to recreate the best "PipBoy" device out there, adding new functions, polishing graphics and sound effects, making promo videos, pr releases, answering to customers and fans on facebook, twitter and so on..

The developer should always be the biggest fan of its apps ;)

Good advice. I hope to get a decent app under my belt before my subscription needs renewed in October. How's it affected your sales if you've jumped up that high?

I'll tell you tonight when I receive the sales report.. right now I'm around:
US: 55th category Utilities, 888th Top Overall
Canada: 64th, 929th Top Overall

and some good positions on other countries Appstores (Japan, Germany, Sweden, New Zealand, Russia...)

It's probably not crazy numbers but it's definitely going to help this month sales..

Congrats :D Really awesome stuff!

Wow very nice. I am very happy for you. Nice job being featured on two big sites. Try to get on phonereviews.co.uk as well.

Finally grabbed my copy last night. Excellent job Shedder! Very cool app. Didn't take too long to scroll a screen on the utilities category and find it either! You must still be selling quite a few!
Nice!

Thanks a lot ;)
As I said, it's a simple app, nothing too complex, but I'm very happy with how it has been received so far.
Yesterday I reached #23 on AppStore Utilities, as well as #2 in Poland and doing pretty well in other stores. Still low on the Overall Top Chart (around 350 in the US), but worldwide, in the past 5 days I'm doing around 500 downloads/day for the paid version and slightly more for the lite version.

Congrats! Those are some great numbers.

views:1693 update:2011/9/19 13:40:57
corona forums © 2003-2011