Corona GUI

This would absolutely rock if it had a Macromedia Director like GUI over the top of the powerful LUA scripting, asset management, behaviours, stage and layout interface, GUI components library, classes nd objects library with a direct link from the app to the Corona community back bone - similar to Hash Animation Master . . .etc. etc. You know what I'm talking about.

Rock on !

There is no one single source that does all of these, you can look at CPM for project management and asset management. Then there is Gumbo, if you want to use visual/GUI layout management. SpriteLoq is an amazing library for animation and sprites.

I think what you are describing is what Apple has in the form of Interface Builder or Microsoft Platforms have with Delphi, VB, Visual Studio, etc or as you mentioned Director (that was an amazing product, shame that Adobe killed it around 2005/6)

cheers,

?:)

The latest daily build you can see Corona making baby steps towards graphical simplification. Ansca should license and configure Eclipse like Apple and everyone else has, or OEM/buy the 3rd party Project manager tool and integrate it.

Love Corona, but welcome to the 1980's in terms of their Dev environment.

Hi guys,

yeah I will get CPM as soon as it's viable and credible ( when I can actually create something worth while ) just like getting the pro subscription of corona, I can't seem to get a demo of CPM to play with but thats all right from the look of things most people are just hard coding with text wrangler.

Hey Jayant, you didn't leave me your telephone number to call back :) Can you PM me or email me your number please - are you in Melbourne ?

Dave, it would be cool - I don't know off the top of my head what Eclipse is - but it sounds good, but I am sure the Asnca guys could really do it if they want - but from a business perspective this sort of development costs time and money and generally these costs get passed onto end users and I do not think they would be happy if prices for corona SDK were hiked up - the trick would be as you said acquire these technologies and build it into the SDK with the aim of keeping the subscription price the same without the hike up - I have played with sprite deck, though not CPM,
but I can already see the logical evolution should be something like the old Macromedia director in terms of GUI for this great app - juggling multiple applications is a royal PITA !

Thats why they need subscriptions I suppose, to do these sort of things so I'll get a subscription once I've learned some of Corona " the hard way ".

" Love Corona, but welcome to the 1980's in terms of their Dev environment. " - love it !

and also " Lunch is for whimps " gotta love the 80's !

@a.quaihoi

There is a 30 day trial of CPM included with the Corona install.

Hey Mike,

yeah I got it, but it doesn't seem to register, there is no trial serial no. and I think I was reading on Jays site that there is no more trial versions or something, anyhou text wrangler is working for me, I'm actually using illustrator with a default screen layout with a iPad interface and rulers set to pixels to calculate x & y coordinates for object positions and just code it in text wrangler that way - so in some ways it's like pseudo sprite deck - I just had a squiz at Gumbo - this looks very promising as well - works on the web to boot as well - but the illustrator thing works fine as well - this is really really basic way - but I'm learning how to code in lua and realise that you have to visualise your layout and layers in your mind and how the code makes it work simultaneously, then code - am quickly becoming accustomed to it. See how it goes.

There are no "publicly available" trials of CPM, but I hand them out like candy if someone asks. :)

Send an email to j@jawhye.com and I'll send you a link to get a registration key -- and if it doesn't work for you, I'll hand-roll a registration key that will.

Jay

views:2344 update:2011/11/2 21:34:51
corona forums © 2003-2011